Chat

BadHabits

Aug 17, 2022
Yes, it will not work properly on mobile at least. Cannot get it to open at all in portrait mode (desktop or mobile mode), and when in landscape I can log in but as soon as I click the chat it zooms and cuts half the chat off into a white screen for good (again tried mobile and desktop mode both).
The Jitsi app works technically, but you cannot see cams and chat at the same time and constantly have to toggle back and forth, which is gonna end up meaning chat will be mostly ignored by those chatting on cam.
Plus it's annoying it keeps popping up a screen in screen thumbnail of my cam every time I minimize the app, which I have to close.
Hope some of this is resolved or we find a better platform.

Average Joe

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 16, 2022
Yes, it will not work properly on mobile at least. Cannot get it to open at all in portrait mode (desktop or mobile mode), and when in landscape I can log in but as soon as I click the chat it zooms and cuts half the chat off into a white screen for good (again tried mobile and desktop mode both).
The Jitsi app works technically, but you cannot see cams and chat at the same time and constantly have to toggle back and forth, which is gonna end up meaning chat will be mostly ignored by those chatting on cam.
Plus it's annoying it keeps popping up a screen in screen thumbnail of my cam every time I minimize the app, which I have to close.
Hope some of this is resolved or we find a better platform.
Sorry for all the issues, doing the best we can with the resources we got. Thankfully Jitsi is constantly being worked on currently, and as things improve we will make sure it gets better on our end. I know change sucks, but I will keep doing the best we can with what we got.

Reactions: FatesEdge

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu